Thursday, February 28, 2013

An Introduction

How to start this?

Well, here's an introduction, followed by a summary of what I aim for this blog to be. My name is Dave, and I've been doing airsoft for just over a year now. I initially discovered airsoft through a friend who's team I am now a part of.

Photobucket

Me at Modern Airsoft Warfare

I skirmish in the east midlands for the most part, and enjoy all types of games, from high energy paintball-esque games to more formal games with dress, weapon and ammunition limits (although I'm not a big fan of milsim, my brief stint in the TA convincing me that if I wanted to be crawling through rainy military training areas instead of running around blatting off rounds like a maniac, I could just rejoin the TA and be paid to do it).

I'm a mechanical engineer in training at the moment, which tends to lend itself well to the servicing side of airsoft, and over the last year I have increasingly got into tweaking and modding guns, servicing them for my team mates/anyone who approaches me.

I've also taken on a few projects manufacturing custom parts for people - perhaps one day I'll do a couple of posts on those. I am a member of Shadow Stalkers Airsoft, in fact I am their technician/gunsmith/airsoft engineer. We play together several times a year, and we are currently in the midst of gearing up for Brit Tac's Op:OCEAN FURY at Copehill Down at the end of the month.

Enough about me, more about this blog - first off why would I make such a blog in an environment already heavily saturated with airsoft review youtube channels, blogs, facebook pages, so on and so forth?

It's simple really - whilst there are a lot of review groups out there, I've yet to find reviews of small parts/items beyond mainstream products - I'm talking about those items you see whilst browsing through online shops - you see something, and it makes you think: "That really is a good price, and it does look good in the picture - I wonder if it's any good??"

It has been my experience that a lot of these items simply don't get reviewed, at least not in the depth I'd like. Heck, even guns don't get reviewed at a level of detail that I'd like to see sometimes! So with that in mind, I aim to use this blog to provide some reviews on bits of kit that everybody has, but nobody reviews, and bits of kit that I have that I have never seen another airsoft player use.

I'll also go somewhere in between, throw up some posts about sites that I have been to, my thoughts on the kit we use (and how we use it), and some articles on tweaking your guns/building your own (both of which I have done before).

I hope that it's a success, because if half the stuff I have planned for this blog had been written when I discovered airsoft I would have saved A LOT of cash, and my hope is that it may just provide some food for thought for players new and experienced.

Dave out.

A few of the Shadow Stalkers:
  Photobucket
At Modern Airsoft Warfare:
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment